Monday, October 25, 2010

Soulmate?





Soulmates, soulmates, soulmates! Soulmates?????

What are soulmates? Do they exist?haha

I believe in soulmates the same way I believe in flowers and chocolate. hmm.. They may seem cliché or we can say exaggeration, but they exist and they make our lives better.

Now, to begin, I also believe in fate and karma (call me idealistic, everyone does) haha. I believe that everything happens for a reason,even if the reason is not evident or obvious to us at first glance. In terms of karma, what goes around definitely comes around.. :))

My dad often scolds me on my undying faith in the concept of karma. hahaha He always says, “yen, if you only do good things because you don’t want karma to come around and work against you, that isn't true karma. You’re only being good so it will come back to you.” He thinks the idea of karma is hypocritical haiszt!..  and I will admit, that based on his logic... it implies that people’s good actions are not unselfish concern at all because they seem to be doing good deeds with the expectation that the good karma will come back to them. But I don’t agree with that. I think that over your lifespan, if you do good things and genuinely have a good heart, karma will reward you somehow?? Kinda like.. there is no such thing as luck..  luck is preparation meeting opportunity! hehe 

Anyways,  I do believe in soulmates.  I think your soulmate is someone who completes you, who brings out the best in you, and who you are most comfortable with. That at the end of you life, you can trun around and say that you were most at ease with that person who understood you the best and with whom you bonded with most. Even if you don’t end up with that person or the relationship fails, that does not mean that it wasn’t worth something, that it didn’t teach you about yourself, or that it hasn’t made you who you are?... : )


Based on this definition of soulmates, if you’ve read carefully, you'll notice that I don’t actually think that your soulmate has to necessarily be someone that you are romanticailly involved with. Instead, they can be a parent, a mentor, a sibling…..a best friend. The person in your life who you truly connect with. well.. obviously our soulmates for short is just our "FAMILY OR FRIENDS".. :) for me, soul mate is not the only one that really lookin for ...but it is for the love and care that you feel from them (family,friends) everyday! :)

1 comment:

  1. kudos, beautiful blog and article. Hmm, where's my soulm8? Haha

    ReplyDelete